I’m now a proud owner of an Apple iPhone 3G. There are tons of reviews out there that you can lookup, but here’s mine with the purpose of getting-shit-done:
- The easiest phone on the planet. This has got to be one of the most usable devices I’ve ever used. Everything from looking up contacts, syncing, WiFi is so easy.
- Native syncing with Exchange. Hate duplicate copies of my contacts.
- Inbuilt music player.
- Seamless integration with my Mac.
- Volume controls as physical buttons on the outside unlike the iPod Touch.
- The touch screen is “cool” for a few minutes but not usable. I regularly lookup information on my phone while driving — this practice will now have to stop.
- Web browsing on the phone isn’t even marginally useful for me.
- GPS isn’t very good. That’s OK because I got a real GPS unit.
- 50% battery charge in two days. Wow. In a year, I’ll need to keep the phone plugged in at all times.
- Sluggish. Skips music when syncing contacts.
- The alarm module is less useful than my 4 year Nokia phone.